LAST UPDATED: September 19th, 2019
1. Table of contents
- 1. Table of contents
- 2. Introduction; General Terms
- 3. Information We Collect About You
- 4. How We Use Information
- 4.1. Use of Personal Information
- 5. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information
- 6. Access to your Personal Information and Your Privacy Rights
- 8. Interest Based Advertising
- 9. Minors
- 10. Your California Privacy Rights & California Do Not Track Disclosure
- 11. Transfer of Personal Information to the United States
- 12. Legal Basis For Our Use (EEA visitors only)
- 13. Security
- 14. Data Retention
- 15. Links to Third Party Websites
- 17. Accuracy
- 18. Contact Us
- 19. Sole Statement
2. Introduction; General Terms
3. Information We Collect About You
3.1. Information You Provide Voluntarily
We collect the information you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- In order to access and/or use the Service (e.g., account registration, billing, etc.), we may require that you provide and/or otherwise make available to us certain information, which may include, among other things, your legal name, email address, company affiliation, physical address and telephone number.
- If you purchase products or services using the Website, then we or our third party payment processor will also ask for additional information, such as your credit card number and billing address.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply. When you communicate with us or other users via the Service, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users may be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us regarding support for the Service.
- We may allow you to sign up and log in to the Service using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Google and Github (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Service with Third-Party Accounts we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to us under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy settings in your Third-Party Account.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we will collect the information you choose to submit to us.
- We may also collect Personal Information at other points in the Service that state that Personal Information is being collected.
3.2. Information We Collect Automatically
3.4. Information we obtain from other third party sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, but only where we have received assurances from these third parties that they have either received your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your Personal Information to us. For example, the customer relationship management software we use may supplement your contact information we have entered for you with information available from third party sources (e.g., LinkedIn). This information could include, but is not limited to any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service.
4. How We Use Information
4.1. Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for, among other things, the following purposes:
- To provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, to communicate with you about your use of the Service, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information; (c) to provide, improve and monitor the effectiveness and/or usage patterns of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you or to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Service.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send you emails about products or information we think may interest you. We may also use the information that we learn about you to help determine when and how to advertise our services on third party websites, advertising networks and services, or to customize advertising to you or to customize your experience on our Website and the Service.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or infringement of our or any third party’s rights.
- To better understand how users access and use our Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Service, respond to user preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To diagnose service or technical problems.
- To ensure and maintain the security of the Service.
- To comply with legal obligations or legal process.
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information
5.1. Service Providers
5.2. Customer and User Quotes and Testimonials
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers and users on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your personal testimonial with your name and/or with your bio picture. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.3. Additional Disclosures
5.4. Corporate Restructuring
We may sell, divest or transfer our company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service (as described herein) will likely be among the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, liquidations or similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of Crave.
5.5. Aggregate and/or Non-identified Information
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual for any purpose, including for research and marketing purposes, and our disclosure of such information is not subject to restriction.
We may disclose your Personal Information to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
6. Access to your Personal Information and Your Privacy Rights
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may change your privacy preferences (e.g., ask us not to share your Personal Information with a particular third party) by sending an email to us at email@example.com detailing your privacy request.
6.1. Access, correct, update or request deletion
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information that you may not access directly through the Service, you can do so at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2. Object to processing, restrict processing or request portability
If you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to the processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications (including our technical newsletters, product updates, marketing emails, and invitations) we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the emails we send you or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Further, please note that in order to keep you informed about the operation of the Service, we may still send you administrative emails, notifications and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of the Service, including, without limitation, for the purposes described in Section 3 above, in connection with your use thereof.
6.4. Withdraw consent
If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
6.5. Right to complain
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.)
We and our third party service providers (including analytics providers) may use “cookies” (which are small electronic files containing information about you and your activities that are stored on your Device (e.g., html files, Flash files, etc.), “embedded scripts”, web beacons and other similar tracking technologies to collect and store information automatically as you use, access and/or otherwise interact with the Website and the Service. We may combine this information with other Personal Information we collect from you (and our third party service providers may do so on our behalf).
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Service, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, to allow us to track your activities on our Service, or to otherwise enable Service features. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function.
7.2. Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website to, among other things, track the activities of Website visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Website usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We or third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features of the Service or to display advertising based upon your tracked activity may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) using technologies such as HTML5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To learn about managing Flash LSOs, please click here.
7.4. Third-party Analytics
Please be aware that if you limit the collection of certain information, you may not be able to use some or all of the Service.
8. Interest Based Advertising
The Service may also use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, “Third Party Advertising Service Providers”), such as Google Adwords and Facebook. We use Third Party Advertising Service Providers to, for example, serve advertisements on or in connection with the Service, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on or in connection with the Service and any use thereof. Third Party Advertising Service Providers may enable us to display advertisements based on your profile and corresponding use of the Service and other websites, services and platforms you have used or visited. Targeting services enable us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to you for products and services that you might be interested in, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”)Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”)Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Users in the European Union may also opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”)Your Online Choices Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by EDAA members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page, the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page or the EDAA Your Online Choices Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Website or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA, NAI, or EDAA-related websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info, the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org, and the EDAA’s website at www.youronlinechoices.com/goodpractice.
The Service is not directed toward children under 16 years of age, and Crave does not want to collect and does not seek to collect Personal Information from children under 16 or knowingly allow such persons to become a registered user of the Service. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16, we will take steps to remove that information from our systems. If you believe the Company inadvertently collected information from a child under 16 years of age, please contact email@example.com.
10. Your California Privacy Rights & California Do Not Track Disclosure
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options with respect to use of your Personal Information by third parties for marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to our Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your privacy request. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights”, include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone, postal mail or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete or legible information.
11. Transfer of Personal Information to the United States
12. Legal Basis For Our Use (EEA visitors only)
If you are a resident from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information for any specific processing activity, please contact us by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
We have a team dedicated to keeping your Personal Information secure. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, and have implemented appropriate physical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction such as storing such information using third party data centers that are routinely and independently audited against widely accepted security standards, encrypting data at rest and in transit, requiring two factor authentication, using hashed and salted passwords, restricting access to production servers and internal servers and providing privacy and security training to our employees. That said, like any managed service provider, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Website and the Service, your information will travel through third-party infrastructures which are not under our control. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
14. Data Retention
We retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
15. Links to Third Party Websites
18. Contact Us
Crave.io Inc. Attn: Legal Department 102 Persian Drive, Suite 201 (408) 909-3007 firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Sole Statement